To simulate the matching of bullets according to rifling marks, our class matched up bar codes. We eventually got to match up real bullets, but doing the bar code thing helped to hone our skills at ballistics investigation. It didn’t seem all that difficult at first, but as I really began to look at these codes it became really frustrating to try to match them up with any success. This is probably linked to the fact that I hate doing jigsaw puzzles. A few days later we started to look at real bullets and tried to do some matching there, but it was extremely difficult to even get 50% of those correct. I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to practice this in preparation for a job in ballistics investigation and lab work.