Ongoing professional development is something I do to renew my teaching life. In the last few years I have enjoyed learning with professionals across Massachusetts and the surrounding states through EdCamps.
2013 – 2014
- In the summer of 2013, I attended the Clarice Smith Teacher Institute with the Smithsonian American Art Museum in Washington D.C. to learn how to use artwork with Visual Thinking strategies to teach students how to practice reading and comprehension skills through visual art.
2014 – 2015
- December 2015 – Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference Co-presenter: “QR Codes in the Classroom” with Julie Spang
- Starting in the 2014 – 2015 school year, I have been learning more about Flipping the Classroom and hope to incorporate that learning into future classroom plans.
2015 – 2016
- Summer book group, Reading in the Wild by Donalyn Miller
- Actors’ Shakespeare Project – Teacher Institute in partnership with Salem State Univeristy